Terms & Conditions
1. This website, https://elearning.mydiabetesmyway.scot.nhs.uk/ is operated by the University of Dundee in partnership with MyWay Digital Health Limited.
2. You may access and use this website if you agree to be legally bound by the terms set out below. If you do not agree to be legally bound by the terms, please do not access and/or use this website:
4. This website is to help you find the most appropriate local health service for common symptoms at your local GPs, hospital doctors, paramedics and other health professionals have prioritised treatment options so that a suitable choice for most people is listed first. This website is provided for information only and is not intended to meet your health or medical needs.
• In a life-threatening emergency, dial 999.
• If you need urgent health advice but it’s less urgent than 999, or you need urgent treatment for symptoms which are not listed on MDMW, dial 111.
If you need health help in a language other than English, dial 111. Simply mention the language you wish to use when the NHS 111 operator answers your call. They can arrange a confidential interpreter service in many languages. If you have difficulties communicating or hearing, you can use the NHS 111 service through a textphone by calling 18001 111.
5. Subject to paragraph 6, we assume no responsibility for any claims, losses or damages howsoever caused (whether direct or indirect) arising out of the contents of this website, except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law.
7. Please note that this service is designed solely for use in Scotland. Users trying to access information from a different location in the UK or abroad will only receive service information relevant to Scotland.
8. You shall not reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts that form part of this website nor attempt to transmit to or via the website any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan, or other harmful or disruptive component.
9. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to this website, or the sites to which it links, or that this website or its supporting systems are free of viruses, worms, trojans, or other harmful or disruptive components. We accept no responsibility for any damage arising from the unavailability of this website or the information it contains.
10. This website contains links to other sites. We do not monitor the content on third-party websites. We do not accept any responsibility for the content of any third-party website and a link to another site in no way constitutes our endorsement of the contents therein.
11. This website uses Vimeo and YouTube to host all videos created by and associated with My Diabetes My Way and, while we take the utmost care to ensure only video clips specifically related to our website are visible, we cannot control the standard YouTube interface. As a result, we cannot control and are not responsible for, the viewing of any ‘related content’ not created by and for My Diabetes My Way.
12. You may create hypertext links to our website.
14. The internet is not a secure medium for communication. We cannot guarantee that any information you submit to us through our website or by email will arrive safely or be secure from interception by third parties.
15. Much of the advice within this website is derived from and in some cases has been adapted from the NHS and, as such, is subject to the NHS terms and conditions. You shall not copy, reproduce or redistribute any material contained in our website without obtaining our written consent.
16. To the extent that it is practically possible, if you breach the terms we may terminate your access to any part of this website at any time without notice.
18. If any of these terms or part of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect.
19. If you are under 16 years of age, you should seek your parent’s or guardian’s guidance about any information given on this website and/or any concerns regarding your health.